These agencies supply support for trans* people:
Family Equality Council
- Family Equality Council – 475 Park Ave South, Suite 2100m – New York, NY 10016
- Phone: 646-880-3005 – Fax: 646-880-3011
Family Equality Council’s mission: Advance equality for LGBTQ families, and those wishing to form them. Accomplished through building community, changing hearts and minds, and driving policy change.
The GLBT National Help Center
- LGBT National Help Center —2261 Market Street, #296 —San Francisco, CA 94114
- National Youth Talk line toll-free phone:
- 1-800-246-PRIDE (1-800-246-7743)
- 1-800-246-PRIDE (1-800-246-7743)
- LGBT National Senior Talk line toll-free phone:
- Administrative phone: 415-355-0003
GLBT National Help Center, founded in 1996, is an organization providing vital peer-support, community connections and resource information for people with questions about sexual orientation and/or gender identity.
Human Rights Campaign (HRC)
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation c/o Equality Center – 1640 Rhode Island Avenue NW – Washington, D.C. 20036
- Telephone: (800) 777-4723 — Fax: (202) 216-1596
The Human Rights Campaign envisions an America where GLBT basic rights are ensured and can be open, honest and safe at home, at work and in the community.
Parents, Family & Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG)https://pflag.org/
- https://pflag.org/contact-pflag (email)
- PFLAG National Office — 1828 L Street, NW, Suite 660 — Washington, DC 20036
- Main Phone: (202) 467-8180 — Fax: (202) 467-8194
PFLAG Our Trans Loved Ones (support for families of people who are trans) – https://pflag.org/ourtranslovedones
PFLAG’s Transgender Ally campaign (advocacy) https://pflag.org/publication/guidetobeingatransallyaz
PFLAG’s mission is to build on a foundation of loving families united with LGBTQ people and allies who support one another. Also, to educate ourselves and our communities to speak up as advocates until all hearts and minds respect, value and affirm LGBTQ people.
Gay & Lesbian Advocates & Defenders (GLAD)
- GLBTQ Legal Advocates & Defenders — 18 Tremont, Suite 950 — Boston, MA 02108
- Phone: 617-426-1350 — Fax: 617-426-3594
Through strategic litigation, public policy advocacy, and education, GLAD works in New England and nationwide to create a society free of discrimination based on gender identity and expression, HIV status, and affectional orientation.
Lambda Legal Defense and Education Fund
- https://www.lambdalegal.org/ Email Link
- National Headquarters — 120 Wall Street, 19th Floor — New York, NY 10005-3919
- Telephone 212-809-8585 — Fax 212-809-0055
Lambda Legal is the oldest and largest national legal civil rights organization. Their mission is to achieve full recognition for the civil rights of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender people. Also, everyone living with HIV through impact litigation, education and public policy work.
They do not charge their clients for legal representation or advocacy. They receive no government funding. They depend on contributions from supporters around the country.
National Lesbian and Gay Law Association (NLGLA)
- 1200 18th Street, NW, Suite 700 Washington, DC 20036
- Phone: 202-637-7661
This is an association of lawyers, judges and other legal professionals, law students, activists. Also, affiliated lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender legal organizations. The NLGLA promotes justice through the legal profession for the LGBTQ+ community.
Transgender Law Center (TLC)
- Transgender Law Center — PO Box 70976 — Oakland, CA 94612-0976
- Phone: 510-587-9696 — Collect line for inmates & detainees: 510-380-8229
- Fax: 510-587-9699 — Legal Help: 415-865-0176
TLC changes law, policy, and attitudes so that all people can live in a safe and authentic atmosphere. Also free from discrimination regardless of their gender identity or expression.
Advocates for Informed Choice (AIC)
- Advocates for Informed Choice — P.O. Box 676 — Cotati, CA 94931
- Phone: 707-793-1190
AIC uses innovative legal strategies to advocate for the civil rights of children born with variations of reproductive or sexual anatomy.
Gay, Lesbian & Straight Educators Network (GLSEN)
- GLSEN, Inc. — 110 William Street, 30th Floor — New York, NY 10038
- Phone: 212-727-0135
GLSEN creates safe schools for all, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity/expression. They dedication provides a work environment and designing programs and resources that are inclusive and celebratory of diversity, and sensitive to the role of power and privilege in society.
Gay and Lesbian Medical Association (GLMA)
- GLMA — 1133 19th Street, NW, Suite 302 — Washington, DC 20036
- Phone: 202-600-8037 — Fax: 202-478-1500
The GLMA’s mission is to ensure equality in healthcare for LGBT individuals and healthcare professionals. They achieve their goals by using the health and medical expertise of its members. They provide professional education, public policy work, patient education and referrals, and the promotion of research.
National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
- NGLCC — 1331 F Street | Suite 900 — Washington, D.C. 20004
- Phone: 202-234-9181 — Fax: 202-234-9185
NGLCC Global is dedicated to advancing the economic empowerment of LGBTI people everywhere.
Out and Equal Workplace Advocates
- Out and Equal — 155 Sansome St, Ste 450 — San Francisco, California 94104
- Phone: 415-694-6500
Their mission is to “educate and empower organizations, human resource professionals, Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and individual employees through programs and services resulting in equal policies, opportunities, practices, and benefits in the workplace regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, expression, or characteristics”.
American Veterans for Equal Rights (AVER)
- AVER, Inc. — PMB 416 — 15127 Main Street E, Ste 104 — Sumner, WA 98390
- Phone: 718-849-5665
They are a LGBT-founded veterans’ advocacy and service organization. They are dedicated to the equal and fair treatment of all service members and veterans. Also honoring the service and sacrifices of all service members and veterans.”
- OutServe-SLDN — 1133 19th St. NW — Washington DC 20036
- Phone: 800-538-7418
Educate the community, provide legal services, advocate for authentic transgender service, provide developmental opportunities, support members and local chapters, communicate effectively, and work towards equality for all.
Services & Advocacy for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender Elders (SAGE)
- SAGE — 305 Seventh Ave, 15th Floor — New York, NY 10001
- Phone: 212-741-2247 — Fax: 212-366-1947
SAGE offers innovative services and programs to LGBT older people throughout New York City and nationwide through our affiliate network, SAGENet. From arts and culture, to health and wellness, employment help, and much more.